Ten years ago this week, on December 30, 2006, former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was executed.
Hussein was toppled soon after the U.S. invasion began in 2003. U.S. President George W. Bush launched the invasion on the FALSE premise that Hussein had stockpiled weapons of mass destruction and had ties to al-Qaeda.
- destabilized Iraq and the region,
- over a million people dead
- millions injured
- And the fighting continues in Iraq and Syria.
A book about the Iraq War by John Nixon, the CIA analyst who interrogated Saddam Hussein after 13 years reveal:
much of what the CIA believed they knew about Saddam Hussein at the time of the invasion was wrong.
During his interrogation, Hussein revealed
- by 2003 he had largely turned over power to his aides so he could concentrate on writing a novel.
- There was no program of weapons of mass destruction.
- Saddam Hussein was also deeply critical of al-Qaeda and other Islamist groups inspired by Wahhabism.
During the interrogation, Hussein warrened US about Iraq. He said,
You are going to fail. You are going to find that it is not so easy to govern Iraq. You are going to fail in Iraq because you do not know the language, the history, and you do not understand the Arab mind.
If any suffering Saddam Hussein has to under go, then its only the days under integoration + death in this world.
But the peoples suffering continues.., the homeless are living in empty graves just outside the Iranian capital
Alive in open graves: Published photos of homeless ppl in Iran sleeping in grave pits creates outrage on social media. pic.twitter.com/QYF6f8AyA3— Omid Memarian (@Omid_M) December 27, 2016